Based on the Cranberry-Pumpkin Seed crunch bars, I used dried blueberries and almonds. Customize it with your favorite fruit and flavors.
Almond-Blueberry Crunch Bars
Published on August 22, 2014 | By Chef Gina |
- 9 bars
- 1-1/4 cups Rice cereal (Erwhon Brown Rice Crisp or Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup GF oats
- 3 tbsp Ground flaxseeds or flax meal
- 1/4 cup Almonds, sliced
- 1/4 cup Dried blueberries
- 1/3 cup Brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup Almond butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Combine the rice cereal, ground flaxseeds, blueberries, and almonds in a large bowl.
- Combine the brown rice syrup and almond butter and melt in a microwave or stovetop until soft and creamy Stir in the vanilla extract until blended.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring until coated. Start with a wooden spoon then use your hands.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9x9 pan lined with parchment or wax paper. Press the mixture down firmly and evenly.
- Chill at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator to help it set.
- Cut into bars and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.