If you make your own almond milk, you may wonder what to do with the leftover pulp. This recipe use the raw, unsweetened pulp to make a creamy, savory hummus.
Published on February 10, 2015 | By Chef Gina |
- 1-1/2 cups
- 1/4 cup Raw tahini or 1/3 cup sesame seeds)
- 1/4 cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup Almond pulp
- 1 - 2 cloves Garlic
- 4 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 tsp Raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt, or to taste
- In a high-speed blender, add all the ingredients, except the water, and blend until smooth. For a coarser texture, use a food processor and pulse to desired consistency.
- If the hummus is too thick, add water, 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.