Published on December 23, 2016 | By Chef Gina |
- 1 Leek thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Ground turmeric
- 2 cups White wine
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 2-1/2 cups Short-grain brown rice
- 1 (14oz) can Artichoke in brine (or frozen, thawed)
- 1/2 cup Frozen green beans (or peas)
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Using the rice cooker method: Add leeks, garlic, tomato, spices, salt, wine, broth, salt and rice and following rice cooker directions to cook rice.
- Add in artichokes and green beans, and turn rice cooker back on for 5 minutes to heat vegetables. Let rice cooker sit off for 10 minutes.
- Stir in capers, parsley, and lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Using stovetop method: Sauté leeks and garlic with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until leeks are tender.
- Add tomato, spices, wine, broth, and rice. Turn up the heat and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender.
- Add in artichokes and green beans, and cook for 5 5 more minutes to heat vegetables.
- Let rice sit for 10 minutes. Stir in capers, parsley, and lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust seasonings..