Baked Cherry-Almond Bars
Published on June 20, 2015 | By Chef Gina |
- 20-24 bars
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups Buckwheat flour
- 1 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup Cashew pieces
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Dried cherries
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 -1/2 cup Almond butter
- 1 cup Coconut nectar
- 1 tsp Almond or vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. Grease a 13 × 9” baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a larger bowl, mix almond butter and coconut nectar and heat up on stovetop until melted or place in microwave for 30 to 45 sec. Stir in almond extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir until blended. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan, and use a spatula or your hands to flatten out the surface.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool then cut into squares.