BBQ Pulled Hearts of Palm
Published on August 2, 2016 | By Chef Gina |
- 1 (24 oz) jar Hearts of Palm, drained
- 1 cup No-Cook BBQ sauce
- BBQ Rub
- 2 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked salt (or sea salt)
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- Place the hearts of palm into a food processor and pulse a few times until pieces are chopped into bite-size shreds. Place in a mixing bowl and add the BBQ rub. Toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add 1-2 tbsp oil and seasoned hearts of palm. Toss to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes to achieve some color. Add BBQ sauce, stir, and reduce heat to low-medium and cook covered for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on your favorite burger bun topped with Citrus Slaw.