Black Olive and Sun-Dried Tomato Tapenade
Published on December 24, 2016 | By Chef Gina |
- 2 cups Black olives, pitted
- 1 cup Sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated in warm water (drain and squeeze out excess water)
- 1 cup Pine nuts
- 1 tbsp Capers, drained
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 5 Basil leaves
- 1 tbsp Fresh oregano (or thyme)
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Cold-pressed olive oil, as needed
- In a food processor, combine olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, capers, garlic and herbs. Process, scraping down the sides, until a finely chopped paste forms.
- Process in lemon juice. With the processor running, drizzle in just enough olive oil to loosen to a spreadable paste, about 2 tablespoons.
- Season with salt and pepper only if needed.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.