Caesar Salad with Tempeh Croutons
- Tempeh Croutons
- 1 package Tempeh, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp Coconut aminos
- Caesar Salad
- 6 oz Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Caesar Dressing
- 3/4 cup Vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Capers
- 1 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Brine of capers
- 1 tsp Vegan Worcestershire
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Tempeh Croutons:
Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, add the tempeh and coconut aminos and cook until the tempeh is golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked tempeh to the baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until tempeh browns evenly on all sides. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Caesar Salad:
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Serve in individual bowls with tempeh croutons and Caesar dressing on top.
- Caesar Dressing:
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.