Lychees have been cultivated for more than 4,000 years in China, and was once considered a great delicacy of the Imperial Court. It offers a wealth of health benefits, including its ability to boost the immune system, prevent cancer, improve digestion, build strong bones, lower blood pressure, defend the body against viruses, improve circulation, aid in weight loss, protect the skin, and optimize metabolic activities.
Chocolate Ginger Lychees
Published on January 25, 2017 | By Chef Gina |
- 2 dozen
- 1 (20 oz) can Whole pealed lychees, drained and rinsed
- 2 oz Crystallized ginger, slivered
- 6 squares Semi sweet baking chocolate
- 1 tbsp Vegan shortening
- Dry the drained lychees between layers of paper towels for 1 hour. Or dehydrate at 115° for an hour.
- Once the lychees are dry, carefully stuff the slivered ginger inside the cavities of the lychees. Set aside.
- Combine chocolate and shortening in a small sauce-pan or in top of a double boiler over boiling water. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly. When chocolate melts, remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Dip each stuffed lychee in the melted chocolate, coating them completely. Carefully lift the lychees out of the chocolate and place round side up on wax paper.
- Refrigerate until cold.