This is my version of Clif Bar’s Cool Chocolate Mint but without the soy, oil, or cane sugar.
Chocolate Mint Crunch Bars
Published on September 19, 2014 | By Chef Gina |
- 12 bars
- 1-1/4 cups Brown rice cereal (Erwhon Brown Rice Crisp or Rice Krispies)
- 1 cup GF rolled oats
- 2 tbsp Flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp Raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- ¼ cup Vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Raw almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup Coconut nectar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup Almond butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 2 tsp Mint extract
- Take 2/3 cup of the oats and grind to a fine powdery flour in a food processor. Add the other 1/3 cup of oats and just pulse slightly so they break apart a little but keep some texture.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, rice cereal, flaxseed meal, cacao powder, chocolate chips, and almonds.
- Combine the coconut nectar and almond butter and melt in a microwave or stovetop until soft and creamy. Stir in mint extract and mix well.
- Pour almond butter mixture over cereal mixture and stir until coated and sticky.
- Press mixture firmly into a parchment or wax paper-lined 8-inch square pan and tamp down evenly.
- Chill in the refrigerator or freezer at least 30 minutes to let it set.
- Cut into bars and store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.