Chocolate Pistachio Bars
Published on September 1, 2017 | By Chef Gina |
- Makes 12 bars
- 2 cups Raw, unsalted almonds
- 2 tbsp Raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 6 Medjool dates, soaked in water to soften then drained
- Water, if needed
- 1/4 cup Pistachios, chopped
- Place almonds in a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the cacao powder and process until well mixed.
- Add drained dates and vanilla extract and process until mixture is sticky but not oily. You may have to add 1 tbsp of date water at a time to get the right consistency.
- Add chopped pistachios and pulse until well mixed.
- Transfer mixture to a 9"x9" pan and press down firmly into an even layer.
- Freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Pull out of pan with the parchment paper and cut into squares.