Baked Coconut Lemon Bars
Published on June 20, 2015 | By Chef Gina |
- 12 bars
- 1-½ tbsp Chia seeds
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Shredded dried coconut, divided
- 2 tbsp Lemon zest
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 1/3 cup Coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp Applesauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. Grease a 8×8” baking pan or line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and chia seeds. Set aside.
- in a medium bowl mix together the dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients and the soaked chia seeds and mix well.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir until blended. Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan, and use a spatula to flatten out the surface. Sprinkle remaining 2 tbsp coconut flakes on top, patting them down lightly into the mixture.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown. Cut into squares.