Creamy Mushroom Soup
Published on August 17, 2016 | By Chef Gina |
- 1 tbsp Oil or water, for sautéing
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 1 lb Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 oz) can Coconut milk
- 2 cups Mushroom stock (or vegetable stock)
- 3 tbsp White wine
- 1/4 cup Raw cashews
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil or water and sauté the onions and celery until tender.
- Set aside 4 oz of mushrooms for later use and add the rest of them to the saucepan along with the coconut milk, vegetable broth, and wine. Bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a high-speed blender, add the soup and the cashews in a blender and blend until smooth (Remove the cap from the lid to allow the steam to escape and cover the hole a clean towel while blending). Pour mixture back into the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the reserved mushrooms dry or with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the soup with sautéed mushrooms on top and a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley.