Curried Coconut Tartletes
- 9 tartlets
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 4 Scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots, finely chopped
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 lb Beyond Meat beef crumbles (optional)
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 (14 oz) can Full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 4 Fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 sheet Puff pastry dough or pie dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a cupcake pan with oil.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Cook the garlic, ginger, scallions, carrots, and bay leaf for 5 minutes. Add the beefless crumbles, white wine, and coconut milk to the mixture and cook for 5-6 minutes more. Add the cilantro, basil, and salt and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaf and set aside to cool.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry sheet to thin out. Using a cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as you can. Make sure they are larger than the cups of the cupcake pan. Insert 1 pastry circle in each cup of the cupcake pan.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling inside each pastry cup. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges of the pastry are golden brown.