Homemade DQ Blizzard
Published on August 11, 2017 | By Chef Gina |
- Ice Cream Base:
- 2 Frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup Nut milk, nut cream, coconut milk, or coconut cream
- or store bought nondairy Ice cream
- 1 tbsp Powders (cacao, maca, lucuma, mesquite, carob)
- 1 tsp Extracts and spices (vanilla, mint, nutmeg, cinnamon)
- 2 tbsp caramel, chocolate, fudge, strawberry, or pineapple sauce
- Cookie dough, oreos, fruit, nuts, chocolate chips, brownies, peanut butter cups, pie or cheesecake, crust, peppermint patties, or coconut shavings
- Making the Banana Ice Cream base:
In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend together bananas and nut milk until thick, smooth, and creamy. If using flavorings, add them here as well. Pulse in 3 tbsp of your stir-ins, along with your sauce.
- If using store bought nondairy ice cream:
Let the ice cream thaw for 20 minutes. In a food processor add the ice cream and flavorings, and blend until smooth. Add the stir-ins and pulse to combine. Put the ice cream mix back into the freezer until firm again.
- Spoon ice cream mixture into a cup or tall glass and top with the remaining stir-ins. You can also add a little coconut whipped cream to top it off.
- Serve immediately, or place in the freezer until ready to eat.