Also called Panch Phoron, this Bengali five-spice blend is often used as a pickling mixture in East Indian cuisine.
Indian 5-Spice Seasoning
Published on June 18, 2014 | By Chef Gina |
- 1/3 cup
- 1 tbsp nigella seeds (or celery seeds)
- 1 tbsp brown mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- Combine the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds, oregano, and fenugreek seeks in a non-stick skillet over medium heat; roast the spice mixture until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.
- Recipe Type : Spice Blends & Rubs