Keep batch of this savory nondairy cheese spread in the fridge to use throughout the week and to satisfy your cheesy cravings.
Macadamia Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Macadamia nuts, soaked 4 hours
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Probiotics powder
- 2 tsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Blend the nuts, water and probiotic powder in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Transfer to a strainer lined with cheesecloth or nut bag. Put a weight on top to allow the juices to drip down into a catchment bowl underneath.
- Leave at room temperature to culture for 24 hours.
- Transfer the cheese to a large bowl or food processor and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Garnish with chopped chives.