Published on August 11, 2017 | By Chef Gina |
- 1/3 cup Aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas or white beans)
- ½ cup Superfine cane sugar (or blend regular cane sugar in a blender or nut grinder)
- ½ tsp Vanilla powder or extract
- pinch Cream of tartar for stabilization (optional)
- Put the Aquafaba into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and beat the liquid on medium speed until foamy. Raise the speed to high and beat until the mixture has expanded considerably and forms peaks, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- With the mixer running, add the sugar 2 tablespoons at a time and then add the vanilla powder and cream of tartar, if using. The fluff should form soft peaks.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers. It separates overnight, but re-beating works perfectly.