Pear and Squash Soup
- 2 medium Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small Butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Fresh sage, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Cream (or soy creamer)
- 1-1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground white pepper
- Dried Pear Garnish:
- 1 medium Bartlett pear, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200° F.
- Prepare the garnish: Arrange the pear slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake until pears are dry, about 1 hour. Let cool completely.
- Prepare the soup: Place pears, pumpkin, turnip, and sage, in a medium stockpot. Cover vegetables with about 4 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Transfer mixture a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to the pot. and simmer over medium-low heat. Whisk in soy cream. Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- Serve garnished with dried pears.