Pitaya or dragon fruit is a whimsical looking fruit, belonging to the cats family. It has a bright magenta skin with soft green thorns and it’s flesh is either deep pink or white. The taste is similar to a kiwi but not as sweet. Pitaya is grown all over Asia, Latin America and other tropical countries. It is rich in vitamin C, iron, beta carotene, and lycopene.
Pitaya Breakfast Bowl
Published on February 2, 2018 | By Chef Gina |
- 1-2 medium Frozen bananas, chopped
- 1 Pitaya, diced (or one 3oz frozen packet)
- 3-4 Frozen strawberries
- Splash of nondairy milk or coconut water
- Favorite sweetener, if needed
- Pumpkin and chia seeds
- Shredded coconut flakes
- In a food processor or high speed blender, add the pitaya, banana, strawberry, milk or coconut water and process till smooth. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.