When you have a little extra time make this homemade pumpkin purée. It’s so much better than canned and you don’t have to worry about any BPAs. Make a huge batch and freeze it in containers so you can enjoy pumpkin throughout the year.
Published on October 7, 2014 | By Chef Gina |
- 1 Quart
- 2 medium Sugar pumpkins, washed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place cleaned pumpkins on a baking sheet and pierce the pumpkin all around using a fork or knife.
- Bake for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until a fork can be inserted easily into the pumpkin.
- When done, cut the pumpkin in half and let cool for 15 to 30 minutes.
- With a spoon, scrape out the seeds and goopy center. Then scoop out the soft pumpkin from the rind and place in a food processor or blender.
- Blend pumpkin until smooth.