Pumpkin Zucchini Bread with Carob Chips
Published on November 28, 2015 | By Chef Gina |
- 1 loaf
- Dry ingredients
- 1-1/2 cups Spelt flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- Wet ingredients
- 2 Chia eggs (2 tbsp ground chia seeds + 6 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp Pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Molasses
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Zucchini, grated
- 3 tbsp Carob chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F and grease a loaf pan with oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk the ground chia seed with the water in a large mixing bowl and leave it to thicken while preparing the dry ingredients.
- In a medium size bowl, add the dry ingredients together and stir until well incorporated.
- In the bowl with the chia eggs, add the rest of the wet ingredients and whisk together. Stir in the carob chips.
- Slowly add and fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until they are combined. Do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 40 - 50 minutes or when the top is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clear. Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. Make sure the bread has cooled before slicing into it.