Raw Buckwheat Almond Bread
Published on June 21, 2015 | By Chef Gina |
- 2 small loaves
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups Sprouted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Sprouted buckwheat groats (or buckwheat flour)
- 3/4 cup Ground chia seeds (or flax seeds)
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2 tbsp Coconut flour
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 cups Moist almond pulp (from making homemade almond milk)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Coconut nectar
- In a food processor, add sunflower seeds and buckwheat groats and process until it becomes a flour consistency
- Add ground chia, psyllium, coconut flour, and salt, and pulse until well mixed.
- In a large bowl combine almond pulp, water, lemon juice, and sweetener, and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until well incorporated. If you need to add more water, add it in 1 tbsp at a time.
- Shape into 2 small loaves and place down a dehydrator mesh sheet.
- Dehydrate at 145° F for 1 hour to create a crust on the outside. Remove the bread and cut into 1/2″ thick slices. Lay each slice back onto the mesh sheet.
- Decrease the temperature to 115° F and continue to dehydrate for about 10 hours or when it reaches the texture that you desire.
- Store in an air-tight container, in the fridge, for 3-5 days.