Raw Cinnamon Raisin Bagels
Published on December 2, 2015 | By Chef Gina |
- 9 bagels
- Dry ingredients
- 1 cup Rolled oats, ground
- 1/2 cup Flax meal
- 1/4 cup Psyllium powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Salt
- Wet ingredients
- 2 cups Moist almond pulp (from homemade almond milk)
- 1 cup Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Date paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Raisins
- In a food processor, combine the ground oats, flax, psyllium, cinnamon, and salt, and pulse until mixed.
- Add almond pulp, applesauce, date paste, and lemon juice. Blend until well incorporated. If you need to add water so the dough sticks together, add 1 tbsp at a time until you reach the right consistency.
- Pulse the raisins in or mix in by hand.
- Remove the about 1/4 cup of batter and roll into a ball and gently flatten. Using the apple corer or a small cookie cutter, remove the center hole to create a bagel shape. Or use a doughnut pan and tightly pack it with the dough. Line it with plastic wrap so you can easily remove the dough from the pan
- Place the bagels on a dehydrator tray with a mesh sheet and dehydrate at 145° F for 1 hour to create a crust on the outside. Then decrease the temperature to 105° F for approx. 10 hours or overnight.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.