I made this bread from NouveauRaw.com and just loved it. The original recipe calls for a lot more ground caraway seeds but I find the taste too strong. Feel free to add more if you like.
Raw Sauerkraut Bread
- 1 loaf
- Dry ingredients
- 2 cup Raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Raw oat groats
- 3/4 cup Flax seeds, ground
- 3 tbsp Psyllium husks
- 1 tbsp Caraway seeds, grounded
- 1 tsp Caraway seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder (or add vanilla extract to the wet ingredients)
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Wet ingredients
- 1 cup packed, Almond pulp (from making almond milk)
- 1-1/2 cups Raw sauerkraut
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Sauerkraut juice
- 1/4 cup Raw coconut nectar
- Garnish: 1 cup Raw sunflower seeds
- Combine the sunflower seeds and oat groats in a food processor and process until powdery. Add the flax, psyllium, ground caraway, caraway seeds, vanilla powder, and salt, and pulse together then set aside
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients and whisk together. Add in the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. You may need to add water, 1 tbsp at a time, so the dough sticks together
- Shape the loaf in a loaf pan and coat the top with extra sunflower seeds. Pop the dough out of the container and place flat-side down on a mesh dehydrator sheet.
- Dehydrate at 145° F for 1 hour to create a crust on the outside.
- Transfer the bread to a cutting board and gently cut it into 1/2 – 1″ thick slices, cleaning the knife between cuts. Then lay the slices back onto the mesh sheet and dehydrate at 115° F for about 10 hours to overnight.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.