Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Coconut Bacon
- 1 lb Brussel sprouts
- 1-2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Coconut Bacon
- 2 cups Coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1/4 tsp Smoked salt
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Wash Brussels sprouts, trim the roots, and peel any damaged or loose leafs.
- Place the Brussel sprouts in a large bowl. Add oil, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and toss until well incorporated.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring a few times. Remove Brussels sprouts from pan and toss with the coconut bacon.
- Making the coconut bacon
Combine all of the ingredients except for the coconut flakes in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Add in the coconut flakes and stir gently to combine. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Place the coconut flakes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake until crispy, flipping them midway so they do not burn. Remove from the oven and place on paper towels to drain. As they drain, they will become crispy.