The roasted veggies adds the nutrients. The power greens pesto gives this simple dish a burst of flavor.
Roasted Vegetable with Pesto Pasta
Published on October 14, 2013 | By Chef Gina |
- 3 Baby bell peppers (I used 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 orange), cut into thin strips
- 1 large Zucchini, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 8 Cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium Carrots (I used 1 orange, 1 purple, 1 white), diagonal sliced
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 tsp Dried thyme
- Freshly ground pepper (or South African Smoke Sesoning Blend), to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup Power Greens Pesto
- 8oz Brown rice spaghetti pasta
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place first 4 ingredients in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil to coat, add garlic, oregano, thyme, pepper, and sea salt. Toss to make sure all veggies are well coated.
- Place veggies on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Place in oven and roast for 10 to 15 min, or until browned.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and return to pot.
- Add pesto to the pasta and toss until evenly coated. Serve on individual plates and top with the roasted vegetable. Serve immediately.