Why soak nuts, seeds, and grains before using?
- Soaking begins the sprouting or germination process.
- Nutrient levels within the nut, seed, and grain significantly increase.
- Soaking actually activates the nut, seed, and grain, and turns it into a living food.
- Soaking minimizes the enzyme inhibitors found in dry nuts, seeds, and grains, and may alleviate digestive discomfort after eating nuts.
- Raw, un-sprouted nuts, seeds, and grains contain enzymes in a ‘dormant’ state. After just a few hours of soaking they begin to sprout and the enzymes become ‘active’.
- A diet high in food enzymes = a healthy, vibrant body, improved digestion and a strong immune system.
- When soaked, nuts, seeds, and grains are more easily digested which means greater nutrient absorption through the digestive tract.