Spanish rice is the perfect accompaniment to Spanish and Mexican entrees, or for just about anything. Divide into individual servings in small containers, and freeze it until needed.
Published on November 4, 2014 | By Chef Gina |
- 6 cups
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Shallots, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups Uncooked basmati rice
- 1-1/2 cups Vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 (14.5 oz can) Fire-roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tbsp Capers
- In a pot over medium-high heat, sauté the shallots, garlic, peppers, paprika, and salt in the olive oil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the rice and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, and capers, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and lower the heat to low and a simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before gently fluffing with a fork.