Avocados have become an incredibly popular food among health conscious individuals. It is often referred to as a superfood…which is not surprising given its health properties.
- very high in potassium, which should support healthy blood pressure levels
- high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a “heart healthy” fatty acid
- high in fiber, about 7% by weight, great for weight loss
- improve heart disease risk factors like Total, LDL and HDL cholesterol, as well as blood triglycerides
- high in antioxidants, including Lutein and Zeaxanthin, that are very important for eye health
- significantly reduce symptoms of osteoarthritis