White chocolate gives added depth to the roasted eggplant and garlic in this Lebanese dip.
White Chocolate Baba Ghanoush
- 2-1/2 cups
- 4 large Eggplants, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 head Roasted garlic
- 1/3 cup Lemon juice
- 2/3 cup Tahini
- 4 oz Vegan white chocolate, melted (or make Raw White Chocolate recipe)
- 1 tbsp Parsley + more for garnish, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Pita bread, warmed
- To roast the head of garlic:
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Peel most of the outer skin of the whole garlic bulb, leaving the cloves in tact. Cut about 1/4 off the top to expose the inside of the cloves. Drizzle olive oil over the top and wrap the garlic head in foil. Bake until soft, about 40 minutes, checking halfway through. Set aside to cool.
- To roast the eggplant:
Turn oven broiler on to high. Place the sliced eggplant, skin side up, on a parchment lined baking sheet and broil until tender and charred, about 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime melt the white chocolate.
- Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant and place in a food processor. Peel the garlic cloves and add to the food processor along with the remaining ingredients, including the melted white chocolate and process until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve with warm pita bread.